cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Report on AP Failover Priority

jcosgrove
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know of a way or place that the AP Failover setting on the AP is reported in WCS.  I can't seem to find anywhere this setting appears in any inventory report.  The only way I seem to be able to look this up is to go AP by AP and look at the config screen.

Thanks for any guidence.

JC

3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I want to be clear to make sure I understand. You want to know if there is a report in WCS if an AP fails over?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

If you go to each AP you can set the priority level of that particular AP.  I would like to be able to run a report of AP's and have part of the output of the report a listing of the AP's priority level.  I can't seem to find any report that collects this field and was wondering if there was a way to report on the priority level outside of going to each AP 1 at a time.

JC

stevebohrer
Level 1
Level 1

Rats! I was just about to ask the same thing. Sorry to see that there were no answers to the original post.

(Will it bump this question up if I ask again here, or will I need repost the whole question to get new answers?)

Basically, I'd like a Monitor screen or a report that gives a table with each AP and its failover setting. I have only 75 APs, on a -25 and -50 4402. I think I've set my favorite 25 APs to "High", and then then next most important 25 to "Medium" and then the rest should be low. That way, if either my -25 or -50 WLC fails, I still have the best coverage possible.

But, I can't find any way to easily check these settings, except by individually selecting each AP one by one from the Configure>Access Points table.

This is tedious even on my small system, and I can't imagine it would be any fun at all on a bigger one. (Maybe those big systems have full redundancy so the failover is not an issue?)

Thanks for any insights,

Steve

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card