Views
Helpful
Replies

Require info for replacement device models - Access Points

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I am looking for replacement models for below models of access points.

I tried contacting cisco sales via chat but they were unable to provide information for the last few days. If possible please provide specific model name rather than just a series name. I tried checking end of life announcement but they did not include that information.

AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9

AIR-CAP1552I-E-K9

Thank you all. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depending on your budget, 9120ax is the best replacement for the 1140.  

IMPORTANT

• The new Catalyst 9k APs require new WLC.  To protect your investment, look into the Catalyst 9800 WLC.  Unfortunately, Catalyst 9k APs DO NOT support Mobility Express (yet).
  • Do not bother with the 3504/5520/8540 WLC because the end-of-sale announcement will be out in <8 months.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

There is no mention about the below product code on the page that you have provided.

AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9

For the product AIR-CAP1552I-E-K9 only device series is provided Cisco Aironet 1570 Series Outdoor Access Point. No information about specific model code.

Thank you.

Regard,

Daniel

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depending on your budget, 9120ax is the best replacement for the 1140.  

IMPORTANT

• The new Catalyst 9k APs require new WLC.  To protect your investment, look into the Catalyst 9800 WLC.  Unfortunately, Catalyst 9k APs DO NOT support Mobility Express (yet).
  • Do not bother with the 3504/5520/8540 WLC because the end-of-sale announcement will be out in <8 months.  

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Here's a generic starting point :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/wireless/access-point-controller-selector.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card