cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset the bridge 1400 to default setting does not work

Chieu Dinh
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying the reset to clear the image on the bridge 1400 by using the reset the bridge to default setting but it does not work

Follow the steps below:

Step 1 Disconnect the power jack from the power injector.

Step 2 Press and hold the power injector's MODE button while you reconnect the power jack.

Step 3 Hold the MODE  button until the Status LED turns amber (approximately 1 to 3 seconds)  and wait until the bridge boots up (Status LED turns green). All bridge  settings return to factory defaults.

The green light in the power injector is green and the ethernet activity (connect to the laptop) is green but cant' get to 10.0.0.1.

Question:

- is there any hard reset on the bridge so I can reset it?

- The power injector does not connect to serial port so how can I connect to the bridge?

Any helps, I am really appreciated that

Chieu

1 Reply 1

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Just a thought, you have your laptop or computer set to somehting like 10.0.0.2 and the 1400 directly cabled into your computer right?  so try setting a constant ping to the 10.0.0.1 address and then do the above commands and see if at any point the address responds?  If the device is connected to a network with DHCP on it, it's pulling a DHCP address which is why you can't reach it at 10.0.0.1.. That being the case there is tool called the IPSU utility that will find the bridge and IP for you

Obtaining and Installing IPSU

IPSU is available on the Cisco web site. Follow these steps to obtain and install IPSU:

Step 1 

Use your web browser to go to the Cisco Software Center at the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/sw-wireless.shtml

Step 2  Select Option #1: Aironet Wireless Software Selector.

Step 3  For the Product Type, select Wireless Bridge and click Submit.

Step 4  Select 1400 Series for the model number and click Submit.

Step 5  Select Current Release (Recommended) and click Submit.

Step 6  Under Utilities, select IPSUvxxxxxx.exe.

Step 7  On the Encryption Authorization Form, enter the requested information, read the encryption information, and check the boxes that apply. Click Submit.

Step 8  Read and accept the terms and conditions of the Software License Agreement.

Step 9  Select the IPSU file again to download it.

Step 10  Save the file to a temporary directory on your hard drive and then exit the Internet browser.

Step 11  Double-click IPSUvxxxxxx.exe in the temporary directory to expand the file.

Step 12  Double-click Setup.exe and follow the steps provided by the installation wizard to install IPSU.

The IPSU icon appears on your computer desktop.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card