Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Residential wireless mobile router and external DHCP server

Hi!

I got newbie question and I`m not sure if it´s imbossible to do. But situation is this as described below.

I´m doing this outside broadcast AoIP based system, which includes few switches and mobile router. I have Cisco SG350-28P switch and it´s running our little LAN´s DHCP server. Then we have Huawei b315 mobile router. Mobile router is doing double task for access to WWW and also providing wireless access to the system. Problem is that mobile router does not seem to have DHCP relay or proxy and I don´t know how I can configure it to deliver DHCP services through wi-fi, that our SG350 is providing. Is there some other way to deliver those services via wi-fi? Router does have Virtual Server and I thought that it could provide that, but I have not succeeded to configure it.

I have also read that it is not simple task to deliver DHCP services via radio, because lot´s of equipments are using same interface etc. So am I doing something that I should not even try?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That would be something you need to reference the guide for the Huawei b315 mobile router, since that is providing the wireless service.  If there is not a setting, maybe its not the right equipment for your needs.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That would be something you need to reference the guide for the Huawei b315 mobile router, since that is providing the wireless service.  If there is not a setting, maybe its not the right equipment for your needs.

-Scott

It seem´s that device does not have settings that I was hoping for. I have search through manuals and did not find solution. I was hoping to achieve this by using equipment that we already have.

If you switch is doing layer 3, then you can utilize that to do the routing and setting up ip helpers.  However, you agin might be limited with the equipment that is providing wireless.  

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card