Views
Helpful
Replies

Restore vWLC Ap can't join

Jacob Hallgren
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have two virtual controllers. The first one I backed up the config to a tftp-server and then restored the config on the new controller. The problem is that the ap:s cant join the new controller that has the same config as the old controller. (old one shutdown) 

In the log : 

*osapiBsnTimer: Aug 12 14:18:06.851: #DTLS-3-HANDSHAKE_FAILURE: openssl_dtls.c:2959 Failed to complete DTLS handshake with peer 1075394562.0.25.48 for AP db:91:21:00:24e:cfc3d

I belive that the ap dosen't like the new certificate on the new controller. Is there a way to go around this without a reset of the ap? 

Regards Jacob 

3 Replies 3

DTLS handshake is between discovery and join process. Discovery is passing but dtls handshake is not successful to initiate join process.

does the AP has access to both AP manager& management interface of WLC.

Please check the below troubleshooting steps guide.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/5500-series-wireless-controllers/119286-lap-notjoin-wlc-tshoot.html

Hope this will help you

Only the ap manager interface, if I do a clear lwapp private-config and clear capwapp private config the ap successfully joins the WLC. My question is if there is a workaround to get the ap to join the vwlc without this configuration on the ap side? 

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jacob,

Can we know the details about wlc and ap model and versions?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card