cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RF Group update interval time

jlhainy
Level 2
Level 2

I am doing an audit on 4 controllers and found that on one of them the RF group update time interval is 300 seconds, which is half of the default.  I am trying to figure out how and why this is the case and what it matters.

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well it seems like someone changed the value. As with any timers, you need to be carful that it's not harming production. I have not seen any issues that require changing the RF group timer interval.  Change it back to 600 which is default and call it a day:)

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott

That is what I am trying to do, but I really can't fine any documentation on how.

Take a look at the configurations.... are all 4 controllers part of the same RF Group?  Is the group mode set to auto on all or not?

-Scott 

-Scott

In looking at the controllers, it appears that this setting is set per band, 2.4GHz vs 5 GHz.  Some controllers are set to 300 sec as the group interval, on both bands, others are set to 600 on both bands.  Others are set to 300 on one band and 600 on the other.

They are all on the same RF group and they are all set to auto in the RRM RF grouping on both bands.

I really have not seen any issues and I don't know how long this has been like this.  I am just auditing and noticed these differences.  So, if best practice is to set at 600 seconds for both bands, I would like to do that.

jlhainy
Level 2
Level 2

ok, I found the issue.  Infact, all of my controllers are set to 600 seconds.  The CLI says one thing, the GUI says another.  Bug CSCuw27160.

Looks like it's fixed in the 8.2 code.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card