Views
Helpful
Replies

RMA AP1832i

Bertote
Level 1
Level 1

Olá.
Tenho dois ap1832i-z-k9 inoperantes e procurei solução na comunidade. Um membro me respondeu que não existe solução, somente RMA. Expliquei que não possuo contrato de suporte e ele me informou que não é necessário um contrato para esse AP.
Gostaria de uma orientação para iniciar a troca, pois tentei algumas vezes pelo site e não estou conseguindo.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, the RMA was rejected because the AP is registered under a different name.  

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

ammahend
VIP
VIP

este dispositivo tem garantia vitalícia limitada para que você possa substituí-lo se for um problema de hardware, ligue para a linha de frente tac em 18005532447 ou abra um caso online com o número de série do AP.

-hope this helps-

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Every 1832 purchased includes Cisco Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty. There is no need to have a valid Service Contract. 

Send an email to TAC and provide the following information: 

• CCO login name
  • Serial Number of the faulty AP
  • Shipping Address

Thanks again Leo.

Unfortunately TAC denied the RMA... They said they can't support serial numbers.

Well, I'll try to at least return it as disused material.

@Bertote wrote:
They said they can't support serial numbers.

That does not make sense.  What, exactly, was the response from TAC?

Hello Leo

tac1.jpg

I explained that I had purchased from an end user and not an authorized reseller. But the denial remained, I believe due to internal procedures.
tac2.jpg
I talked to a friend who works for a company representing Cisco, Huawei, D-link, etc... to check the possibility and value of activating a support contract to carry out the RMA, he told me that for two antennas, none of the agents would be interested...

No, the RMA was rejected because the AP is registered under a different name.  

hum...
Is the CCO not my Cisco My Devices username? (https://cway.cisco.com/mydevices/devices)
Searching how to start the RMA, one of the steps would be to register the equipment in My Devices. Is it the wrong information? or would it be in another place of registration, where the seller already made a registration?

reg.jpg

No, the AP is registered to someone else (and not you).  

What you could do is wait until TAC NAM/LATAM is off shift and get the TAC Case re-queued to TAC Asia.  See if you get the same response.

Never mind.
I've already wasted too much energy and time. The lesson is not to buy this type of equipment from end users anymore.
And I found authorized local Huawei resellers, they sell to end users with very attractive prices (U$370, considering I live in Brazil), and access points with wif6 support...

Leo, I really appreciate your support on this case.
Thank you very much.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card