Views
Helpful
Replies

RMI+IP HA peer state Disabled

redhat251
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Active WLC uplink goes down, when check the HA status we can see the below information, how to resolve this issue please suggest me

WLC-9800-01#sh redundancy states
my state = 13 -ACTIVE
peer state = 1 -DISABLED
Mode = Simplex
Unit = Primary
Unit ID = 1

Redundancy Mode (Operational) = Non-redundant
Redundancy Mode (Configured) = sso
Redundancy State = Non Redundant
Maintenance Mode = Disabled
Manual Swact = disabled (system is simplex (no peer unit))
Communications = Down Reason: Simplex mode

client count = 148
client_notification_TMR = 30000 milliseconds
RF debug mask = 0x0
Gateway Monitoring = Enabled
Gateway monitoring interval = 8 secs

WLC-9800-01#

after uplink up HA not formed  states showing removed

redhat251_1-1684082479612.png

redhat251_0-1684082171936.png

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What is the controller model and software version ?
   To begin with ; have a checkup review of the active controller (WLC-9800-01) configuration with the CLI command show tech wireless ; have the output analyzed by https://cway.cisco.com/wireless-config-analyzer
   Is the RP (redundancy port) up and in a connected state at both sides ; ( are you using copper or fiber for redundancy link )verify with :
                                     WLC-9800-01 # test wireless redundancy rping

Appendix : a number of other useful commands for troubleshooting
show chassis
show chassis detail
show chassis ha-status local
show chassis ha-status active
show chassis ha-status standby
show chassis rmi
show redundancy
show redundancy history
show redundancy switchover history
show tech wireless redundancy
show redundancy states
show redundancy | i ptime|Location|Current Software state|Switchovers
show logging process stack_mgr internal to-file bootflash:
show platform hardware slot R0 ha_port interface stats
show platform hardware slot R0 ha_port sfp idprom (show details of SFP in SP , in case of fiber solution)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

- What is the controller model and software version ?

PID: C9800-40-K9

Cisco IOS Software [Bengaluru], C9800 Software (C9800_IOSXE-K9), Version 17.6.4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1

Is the RP (redundancy port) up and in a connected state at both sides ; ( are you using copper or fiber for redundancy link )verify with :

up and both side connected using copper port

- You need to address my other remarks and topics too ; such as the mentioned procedure concerning configuration analysis on the now available/active controller  and   the command requested : WLC-9800-01 # test wireless redundancy rping

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card