Views
Helpful
Replies

Roaming issues - Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 and 3 - WLC 5500 - SW 8.1.131.0

Snorre Oelberg
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning.

I have issues with Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 and 3 phones that connects to our customers Wifi network. They have WLC5508 with SW 8.1.131.0 and use CAP2702 in local mode. The SSID is set up with WPA2, PSK. The Samsung clients connect, but when they roam, they drop out, and dont reconnect to the next accesspoint. Anyone who have experienced this, and have a solution?

Rgds

Snorre Olberg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is it only these devices ? If so sounds like a client issue. Did you attempt to do a debug and reproduce the problem ? 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is it only these devices ? If so sounds like a client issue. Did you attempt to do a debug and reproduce the problem ? 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

It is only these devices we have discovered. Apple, Microsoft + + workes fine. The debug shows that the clients dissassosiate, but will not reconnect automatically. I agree to that roaming it is a client issue. I'm looking for solutions to fix it. 

The challenge with these devices is vendor support and drivers. Hard to say exactly. I assume you are the lastest release from Samsung. Have you researched any forums specific to that device ? Anyway you can replace it for another device that works ? 

Ali Amir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Snorre,

I have the same issue. Have you found any solution for your problem?

ahk000002
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Snorre

I have this issue as well with the Samsung Xcover phones. Did you mange to find a solution to the issue?

Thanks in advance

//Anders

Hi Anders.

The solution ended in replasing the Samsung devices with newer models that supported fast roaming, and enable fast roaming on the WLC.

Hi. I was wondering what telephones you replaced the Xcover2 ond Xcover3 with? Our organization are using Xcover4 and are experiencing similar problems using a 3504 controller. We do suspect the Xcover4 also have a problem during transition from 5 Ghz to 2.4 Ghz on present AP or other APs. We are currently troubleshooting the problem, first steps is to disable 5 Ghz and disable fast transition on problem SSID. From what I just  Googled, the xcover 4 does not support 3504s 802.11r og 802.11K roaming/FT features making these telephones quite unstable.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card