Views
Helpful
Replies

Rx Sop Threshold Default Setting

sn3
Level 1
Level 1

Fellow Colleagues,

Is anyone familiar with what the "Default" setting for Rx Sop Threshold represents? This configuration can be found under Wireless > Advanced > Rx Sop Threshold. The other setting options are defined in the help file, but I'm not quite sure what I should take "Default" to mean.

802.11 Band

High Threshold

Medium Threshold

Low Threshold

Custom Threshold

5 GHz

–76 dBm

–78 dBm

–80 dBm

–85dBm—–60dBm

2.4 GHz

–79 dBm

–82 dBm

–85 dBm

–85dBm—–60dBm

We have a 3504 controller running 8.8.120.0.

Many thanks!

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

=  The default threshold at which the Access Point radio starts to acknowledge the Start

Of Packet (SOP) frame transmitted from a wireless client.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks for the response! I apologize for being unclear, but what I meant was that the other settings (i.e. High, Medium, and Low) have an explicit threshold in dBm associated with each. I am thinking that "Default" could possibly mean one of the following or something else I've not thought of yet:

• Is there some specific number that "Default" is associated with?
  • Does "Default" simply mean that the AP will process anything it hears?

Hopefully this clears things up.

Thank you!

- As far as I understand it, the default value is not frozen. It relates to the particular AP-model + the capabilities of the particular radios from that AP.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card