Views
Helpful
Replies

Same width Channel

Dhikra Marghli
Level 5
Level 5

Hello 

I have access point outdoor . It have  the same width Channel 20 MHz in   dualb 2,4 GHz and 5 GHz ..'!!!

So i want to Ask the Expert if dual band have the same width Channel ..it allow low bandwith ??? If it allow a problem throughput !!

Because i try to increase width Channel band 5 GHz !! 

I wait a reply from expert wireless !! 

Thanks in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You can change the channel width to 40/80/160 depending on what your ap supports. So yes you can change it from the default 20.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

Doesn’t matter. If you use RRM and for example use best, the controller will choose the channel width based on variables. You can have them the same or different, does not affect anything except max throughput available.
-Scott

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You can change the channel width to 40/80/160 depending on what your ap supports. So yes you can change it from the default 20.
-Scott

1) Means if dual band have the same width Channel ===it allow problem bandwith !!!

2) juste i Ask that it recommended for dual band have different width Channel !!?

I wait a reply for two question !!!

Thanks 

Doesn’t matter. If you use RRM and for example use best, the controller will choose the channel width based on variables. You can have them the same or different, does not affect anything except max throughput available.
-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card