Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Same wlan both locally switched and centrally switched

Scenario:

1 virtual wireless controller

50 access points, some of them some local to the controller (same site), other on remote sites, all in flexconnect mode.

Is there a way for a wlan to be locally switched for a group of ap's, essentialy those local to the controller, and centrally switched for other groups of ap's, in fact those placed on remote sites?

I've tried configuring flexconnect groups, and ap groups, but no luck, I've found no way to override the globally configured flag "flexconnec local switching".

I've also tried to create two identical wlans, one locally switched and the second globally switched, but the wlc refuses to activate the second one since it has the same ssid of the first one.

Regards,

Massimo. 

3 Replies 3

Since you have vWLC all AP needs to be in FlexConnect mode (If you got a normal WLC you can keep HQ AP in local mode & Remote AP in Flex mode to achieve this)

I think in your case you have to either choose "Central Switching" or "local switching" for your APs.

Regards

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

What you said matches my experience, I was hoping in a trick :-)

Maybe in a near future you can override the global configuration for an apgroup or flexconnect group.

Thanks.

Abha Jha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Click the AP, and change the AP Mode to FlexConnect. Only FlexConnect is supported (central and local switching) in the 7.3 release.

Link for the same :-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/virtual-wireless-controller/113677-virtual-wlan-dg-00.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card