cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Search Domain on WLC AP SSID via DHCP

renekuhn
Level 1
Level 1

We have the following problem in connection with iPAD/iPhone or MacBook with Cisco WLC: On the LAN connection IEEE 802.3, which is currently in the same VLAN as the IEEE 802.11ac WLAN SSID, the search domain is evaluated by the DHCP server as option 119 and is also displayed on the device and works, but if we use the device in IEEE 802.11 ac Register SSID, this parameter is not evaluated, can it be released on the WLC?

The DHCP Server is a Windows 2019 Server OS

Thanks for the Support

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What is the controller model and software version ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

WLC 5508

Software Version 8.5.182.0

Rich R
VIP
VIP

So you're saying the Macbook gets option 119 when connected to LAN but not when connected to WiFi?
Have you done a packet capture to confirm that the DHCP server is sending it in both cases?
How is the DHCP configured for your WLAN? 
Are you using DHCP proxy on the WLC?
If you already have DHCP configured on the LAN then why not simply bridge the DHCP to the LAN and let the LAN handle it instead of using the WLC DHCP proxy?

renekuhn
Level 1
Level 1

So you're saying the Macbook gets option 119 when connected to LAN but not when connected to WiFi?
Answe: Correct
Have you done a packet capture to confirm that the DHCP server is sending it in both cases?
Answe: No
How is the DHCP configured for your WLAN? 
Answe: The same Config on Windows Server DHCP Server
Are you using DHCP proxy on the WLC?
Answe: No, this has no funktionality used
If you already have DHCP configured on the LAN then why not simply bridge the DHCP to the LAN and let the LAN handle it instead of using the WLC DHCP proxy?
Answe: how to setup?

Thanks for the Support

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card