cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secure Wireless for Rapid Deployment

wfh
Level 1
Level 1

We have a trade show that we need to setup 50 pc's wireless for internet access. I want to set up some level of security but the show is only two days long so putting any alot of work into creating a an entire AD domain, certificate servers, IAS servers, and add the machines to the domain is alot of work. Can someone recommend a "fairly" secure way to setup this wireless network. I do understand the inherent weaknesses in most wireless technologies. I know they will be a trade off between security and setup time but there has to be a happy medium. I will be using Cisco 1100 AP and Cisco Catalyst 3524 with inline power. We are taking one server to host a web app but it can also be used for other services. Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks,

Wayne Horner

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Guess you can go with WEP for this purpose, for a better idea check this document,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns340/ns394/ns171/ns128/networking_solutions_white_paper09186a008009c8b3.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card