Views
Helpful
Replies

Security for Aironet 1310 in bridge mode

yallies
Level 1
Level 1

hello

I'ld like to interconnect 2 LAN in different building by a pair of AIR-1310G.The distance is very short (20m) but crossing a street in an urban environment. I want to know the best security configuration to use, I see the possibility of WPA-PSK but is it possibile to use LEAP betwenn the non-root bridge and the root-bridge

thank for your help

5 Replies 5

bmacmahon
Level 1
Level 1

set your root AP up as a radius server. Define a username/password. This username/password will be used by the non-root ap.

Go into the non-root ap and configure your Encryption accordingly and configure the SSID to match the root ap. From the SSID manager page, there is a username/password field under "General Setup". Apply the username/password you define on the root ap.

As long as everything is configured correctly the connection should come right up. You can go as far as configuring EAP-FAST with WPAv2 if you would like.

I've configured EAP-FAST with WPA2 on a pair of 1310s. Can a EAP-FAST authentication be used on a wireless bridge comprising of two 1231 APs; the commands for EAP-FAST do not appear to be available on this platform?

EAP-FAST with WPAv2 ? is this on the link between the 2 cisco 1310 bridges (root bridge and non-root bridge) or is this between the clients and the AP ?

Yes, this is on the link between the root and non-root bridges.

What is the highest encryption that you can run on the link between two 1310 bridges (root-bridge and non-root-bridge) ? I tried using WPA with encryption cipher tkip and have endless problems keep up the link. And yes I am running the latest IOS on the bridges. Any idea on what would be a reasonably high encryption to use ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card