cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting maximum concurrent login on 9800 WLC GUI

askingforuser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, does anyone know where can I find the place that we can set the number of maximum concurrent login on 9800 WLC GUI? I was referring to the CISCO best practice and it teaches us how to set through CLI but I want to set at the GUI instead, does anyone know which tab or area should I go to in the GUI? thank you!

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- To be honest , if you can set that parameter through CLI , then that is preferred ; sometimes  a particular parameter lacks implementation in the GUI ; let alone that this question when needing the GUI for it may lead to a race condition...
          You may also want to share how you do it in the CLI , this could help us find it in the GUI too , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

in the security guideline it said: 

User login policy

Configure user login policies by entering this command:

C9800(config)# wireless client max-user-login ?

<0-8> Maximum number of login sessions for a single user, 0-8 (0=Unlimited)

Verify the user login policies by entering this command:

C9800# show run | I max-user-login

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/guide-c07-743627.html#Userloginpolicy

The max-user-login parameter does not refer to WLC GUI  administrative users , but wireless end user policies (restricting logins from different devices with the same credentials)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

At the moment, I dont think its possible to configure this using GUI on 9800 series WLCs.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

askingforuser
Level 1
Level 1

actually I may find something similar on GUI: Configuration > Wireless > Wireless Global > Maximum Login Session Per User

Gaurav  Kansal
Level 1
Level 1

Dear User,

Please try this option which you find on below location:
Administration > Management >  *HTTP/HTTPS/Netconf/VTY > Timeout policy configuration > maximum number of request (* Please set this according to your need)

GoodLuck
Regards
Gaurav Kansal

If you find this post helpful then please vote as Helpful and if it solves your issue then please mark as Solution.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card