cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Should be easy 1252 AP question

mjozwiak1856
Level 1
Level 1

How do you connect to the AP with the console cable.  I have done everything just like I do when I connect to my routers or switches, but I have no luck with my 1252 AP's.  What am I missing.  They are not LWAP, the regular AP's.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

6 Replies 6

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi mark,

Its the same way that we do for switches and Routers..Make sure we are setting RESTORE DEFAULTS , here is the youtube link as well..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIKB4tn6yXc&playnext=1&list=PL62A5036E41427E9D&index=44

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

I know I have the correct cable since it works with all of my other Cisco devices, same port and everything, but I have 2 differnet 1252's and I can't connect to either one.

This is the console cable part ID that we use AIR-CONCAB1200 , are we using any converter in between??

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Yes I am using a USB to serial converter, but it works fine with my routers and switches.

I guess you are using MAC laptop?? If so.. i hav seen  this issue with 1252 + MAC + converter , try with XP and see if that helps..

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards

Surendra

====

Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

No I am not, most laptops don't come with a serial port.  I have to use a serial to usb converter.  Not a mac.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card