Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shutting down AP at a regular basis

Hi

I would like to make an Lightweight AP Configuration Templates for shutting down my AP at regular basis in Prime 3 every night between 22.00 – 06.00

How thus I do it in Prime 3

regards

Johan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Depends on what you mean by shutdown. If it's driven by PoE switches you could schedule jobs that shutdown the ports. If you just want to stop them from sending out wireless signals you could create an lightweight AP template that shuts down the radio.

Make one template for shutting them down and another to power them up.

Switch template would be most eaily done by CLI template, haven't tried it myself.

Shutting the radio down would be under the following

configuration -> templates -> lightweight access points, create a new template, select the 802.11a/n/ac, check the "admin status" box and make sure the "enable" box isn't marked. Do the same for the 802.11b/g/n tab, select which access point to do it on and the set the schedule.

Hope it helps.

//Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Depends on what you mean by shutdown. If it's driven by PoE switches you could schedule jobs that shutdown the ports. If you just want to stop them from sending out wireless signals you could create an lightweight AP template that shuts down the radio.

Make one template for shutting them down and another to power them up.

Switch template would be most eaily done by CLI template, haven't tried it myself.

Shutting the radio down would be under the following

configuration -> templates -> lightweight access points, create a new template, select the 802.11a/n/ac, check the "admin status" box and make sure the "enable" box isn't marked. Do the same for the 802.11b/g/n tab, select which access point to do it on and the set the schedule.

Hope it helps.

//Peter

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
There are several ways of doing this. They are:
1. Configure EnergyWise to power down/up the APs;
2. Configure timed ACLs to block the management IP address of the APs from communicating with the controller;
3. Configure a script in PI to enable/disable the AP.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card