Helpful
Replies

Signal outage on AP1250's with LWAPP-Image

SJessulat_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i'm experiencing a problem with several AIR-AP1252AG-E-K9 converted to LWAPP:

If i run AirMagnet in order to monitor the signal of the AP, i see a signal outage approximately every 20 seconds, but not in regular intervals. At the time of this gap, one ping to a wlan-station gets lost and voice-over-wifi (7921) gets a short outage, too.

I tried another AP1252, same problem.

An AP1242 connected to that WLC (WLC4404-100) has no problems as well as the same AP1252 with IOS.

A change of the WLC Software Version didn't make any difference, neither a change from antenna diversity to right (or left).

Anybody got an idea for the cause of this? Is the AP maybe scanning for other frequencies in that time?

18 Replies 18

New year, new situation:

we just received an LAP1142.

I added it to the controller and it shows the same behavior:

Monitoring with AirMagnet shows a good signal and all of a sudden the signal is gone for about half a second. After that, the signal comes back up and remains good for some time.

This happens twice a minute sometimes and other times the signal stays up for almost 5 minutes.

Overall, this is the situation:

AP1242s work fine with the controllers.

LAP1242s work fine with the controllers.

AP1252s work fine in autonomous mode.

LAP1252s show the problem with the controllers.

LAP1142s show the problem with the controllers.

So only 802.11n-compatible Access Points show these problems, and only with the Lightweight Image.

Anybody experiencing the same problems?

Or anybody working with LAP1252s which don't show these problems?

Greets,

Sebastian

Hi:

I have encountered this problem in one of our installations that uses 1252 APs.

We had originally loaded the WLC with 4.2.130, but I upgraded to 4.2.176 to see if it would help with some issues a particular client device was having. The clients were AMX panels, and no, it didn't help. The short drops were noticed almost immediately, so we regressed to 4.2.130, and have not had the problem reoccur. We haven't tried any 5.2 releases yet.

I'm not seeing anything like that right now. I've got 1252's joined to a 4402 (5.2.178.0 FW, 4.2.112.0 True Bootloader). 1252 are running HREAP and I've got a 7921 constantly hooked to it.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What does the logs say? Does it say that the radios were reset?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card