Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple DHCP question

j.pewarski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Im configuring a wireless network, and currently my network works but I have a employee ssid, and guest ssid.

My employee network works fine, and I can pull a dhcp. When I connect to my guest ssid I am still pulling from my employee DHCP server. How do I use the DHCP over ride field to correct this? do I have to set another DHCP server on my router, and configure the DHCP over ride to the 10.0.0.1 server listed below?

say for the guest internet

10.0.0.1 is the server

10.0.0.10 - 50 is my pool

8 Replies 8

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can create a DHCP scope in WLC for guest access and let employee get ip from DHCP server.

If you are create DHCP on wlc then you must change the DHCP ip on dynamic interface page.

Regards

Yes that is what I was trying to go for originally but it did not seem to work. How do I properly configure this to work as you stated above. I do apologise for my ignorance this is my first deployment with dual DHCP pools. normally my guest network is a completely seperate network.

Choose Controller > Internal DHCP Server > DHCP Scope to open the DHCP Scopes page

enter all the detaisl for guest ssid.

then enter DHCP address on dynamic interface :

enter the controller ip in dhcp server address box for guest dynamic interface.

http://rscciew.wordpress.com/2014/01/22/configure-dynamic-interface-on-wlc/

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

ok that sort of helps:

Does the below screenshots look correct? instead of creating another interface I used the virtual interface. Will this work?

New Bitmap Image 1.bmpNew Bitmap Image 2.bmpNew Bitmap Image 3.bmpNew Bitmap Image 4.bmp

These pics are not clear at all..

I will recommand to use a different dynamic interface not virtual interface.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What interface is your guest WLAN linked too?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Ali Aqrabawi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

use separate interface for the guest WLAN , in this interface the DHCP server ip will be the WLC management interface , creat an internal DHCP scoop for the guest WLAN ,

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

check the following link for dynamic interface configuration

http://mrncciew.com/2013/02/27/configuring-dynamic-interfaces-on-wlc/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card