I saw the below in wlc controller ,what this mean,how to fix this issue if any

Most Recent Traps

SNMP Authentication Failure: IP Address: 192.168.10.2

9 Replies 9

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) are you using snmpv3 ?

2) What does this ip address relate to ? some specific device ?

I have same problem in WLC,

1) are you using snmpv3 ?

-Using SNMP modes -v2c & v3

2) What does this ip address relate to ? some specific device ?

-Its WCS

With this problem we are unable to add guest users from WCS to WLC.

Thanks in advance.

any solution for this problem? I have the same issue.

Thanks

You need to provide more info...

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I replaced SNMPv2 by v3 and it worked! I don't get what the problem was but it's working!

When I have issue joining NCS/PI to a WLC, sometimes snmp v2 works and sometimes snmp v3 works.  Why its like that, who knows, I just know to try one or the other.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

well nice try, because it solves your problem! But for me as a technical guy, this is not a logic answer :-) There should be an explanation!

Things don't always work as it should and that's why there are bugs or what we call it work arounds.  So the logical answer is a bug.  If you search the forum there are others who also have ran into the same issue, so when there is more than one user with that same issue, I see it as an issue (bug).  The only way you will get your logical answer is to open up a TAC case and let them tell you if its a bug or give you a work around solution:)

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

silversnc
Level 1
Level 1

Constant failures for SNMP Authentication on WLC from Prime are becuase of the following setting

Administration  >  System Settings  > SNMP Credentials

If you go in to edit and change the SNMP Community string to what is on your WLC you will be fine.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card