Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP OID for AssociatedAPs in Virtual WLC 7.4.100.0

KevinMuller
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys!

I need you help for something that I need to do to monitor my Wi-FI network.

I'm using a Virtual WLC (SW Ver 7.4.100.0) where most that 30 APs are associated with, but I would like to monitor each disaciossiation of APs using SNMP. After some search, I have found this OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.2.1.1.1.38 on some forums but it doesn't work, I see random number in my monitoring tool.

Do you know if there is any another OID to use with this software version or maybe if I have to upgrade to ver7.6 or ver8?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thomas Johnston
Level 1
Level 1
  1. I'm assuming you don't own a license for Cisco Prime Infrastructure
  2. One thing you can do is send SNMP traps to your monitoring software from the WLC (I've never used virtual WLC but my assumption is most options are the same. If your software doesn't support SNMP Traps consider a different monitoring software...
    1. Go to Management > SNMP > Trap Receivers and set up your receiver
    2. Then to to Management > SNMP > Trap Controls
      1. Here is where you set what traps are sent via SNMP. If you see the "AP" tab you can set several things.
  3. If you only want to see if an AP is dropping off the network and the above doesn't work, you could just put dhcp reservations on your APs and have your software ping it. This of course is only if its off network, not if it simply disassociates.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Thomas Johnston
Level 1
Level 1
  1. I'm assuming you don't own a license for Cisco Prime Infrastructure
  2. One thing you can do is send SNMP traps to your monitoring software from the WLC (I've never used virtual WLC but my assumption is most options are the same. If your software doesn't support SNMP Traps consider a different monitoring software...
    1. Go to Management > SNMP > Trap Receivers and set up your receiver
    2. Then to to Management > SNMP > Trap Controls
      1. Here is where you set what traps are sent via SNMP. If you see the "AP" tab you can set several things.
  3. If you only want to see if an AP is dropping off the network and the above doesn't work, you could just put dhcp reservations on your APs and have your software ping it. This of course is only if its off network, not if it simply disassociates.

Hi Thomas,

So I have downloaded the CISCO-LWAPP-SYS-MIB and use this OID : 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.618.1.8.4. I have just some problems with my monitoring tools but it works with this OID.

Thanks for your quick answer.

Kevin

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card