Views
Helpful
Replies

SSID is not broadcast

DG9
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

We have AP model is AIR-AP1562I-D-K9 and one AP is act as mobility express controller , and on that AP( WLC ) two SSID are configured from that AP it is successfully broadcast SSID and clients are able to connect on that SSID , this WLC  located for example site A .

Now we have attached another same model AP in network for example at site B and it is successfully joined to WLC but SSID is not broadcast at site B ( from that AP )

so kindly helpful for the same.

Thanks & regards

Dhaval 

5 Replies 5

jagan.chowdam
Spotlight
Spotlight

What is the power source for Site B AP? Cisco 1562D AP 25W power. Make sure AP get's full power to enable its radios.

You can confirm the AP radio operational status on the ME controller by checking AP View page.

jaganchowdam_0-1719404902056.png

Jagan Chowdam

/**Pls rate useful responses**/

Dear Sir,

At site A ap is showing medium power and site B showing low power.

so low power is reason for the not a broadcast SSID ?

Waiting for you reply...

Thanks & Regards 

Dhaval

Hello,

How come controller display 450 Mbps max data rate on 2.4GHz for a 2702i, is that a cosmetic bug ?

On all my 2702i it display Max. Data Rate : 217 Mbps(2.4GHz) as specification in doc.

jagan.chowdam
Spotlight
Spotlight

so low power is reason for the not a broadcast SSID ?

Correct. Cisco 1562 requires full power to enable radios. If it gets less than required 25W power, it'll shutdown radios. 

Refer Table 3. Compatible PoE Standardshttps://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9100-access-points/215467-cisco-access-point-power-requirements-qu.html

Try moving the AP to POE+ or UPOE switch or Power Injector.

Jagan Chowdam

/**Pls rate useful responses**/

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

It is always advised to install access points following vendor recommendations with regards of power requirements. Low power always mean 1)disabled radios or 2)weird behaviours in wireless connectivity. Here the specs for AP1560 series:

JPavonM_0-1719467984043.png

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card