cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSID is not broadcasting C9800L

cjiwonder
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently configured a C9800L. I created an SSID while setting up the Zero Day configuration. That SSID is currently broadcasting via the AP. However, when I tried creating a few more SSIDs, they were not broadcasting. SSID is enabled and broadcasting also enabled in the WLAN. Can any experts please help me with this issue?

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- For any configuration attempts and or to checkout the current configuration of the C9800L ; use the CLI command
                   show  tech wireless and feed the output into Wireless Config Analyzer

(Adding) : also use the CLI command : wireless config validate

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the following commands: 

show ap name <NAME OF AP> tag info

#show ap name AP6CD6.E3C5.7D78 tag info
AP Name : AP6CD6.E3C5.7D78
AP Mac : 6cd6.e3c5.7d78
Applied Tags :
-------------------------------------------
Tag Type Tag Name
-----------------------------------------
RF Tag default-rf-tag
Site Tag default-site-tag
Policy Tag default-policy-tag
Tag/Profile Type Misconfigured
RF Tag No
Policy Tag No
Site Tag No
Flex profile No
AP join profile No
2.4GHz Rf Profile No
5 GHz Rf Profile No
6 GHz Rf Profile No
2.4GHz slot 0 Radio Profile No
5 GHz slot 1 Radio Profile No
5 GHz slot 2 Radio Profile No
6 GHz slot 2 Radio Profile No
6 GHz slot 3 Radio Profile No
AP Country Misconfig No
Resolved Tags :
-------------------------------------------
Tag Source : Default
Tag Type Tag Name
RF Tag default-rf-tag
Site Tag default-site-tag
Policy Tag default-policy-tag

Rich R
VIP
VIP

What version of software are you using?

It seems you're using all default tags and profiles - it's good practice to use your own custom tags and profiles rather than purely defaults.

Check your config as per @marce1000 suggestion.

And see the Best Practices guide (link below).

Make sure your software version is up to date as per the TAC recommended link below.

As per Cisco recommendation, I am using 17.12.2

What Cisco recommendation is that you are referring to?
The only place you should look for a recommended version is the TAC recommended codes for 9800 WLC's
which currently recommends 17.9.4a + APSP8.

17.2.2 actually doesn't even exist!
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-2/release-notes/rn-17-2-9800.html
17.2.1 was a limited support release so does not get any normal bug fix maintenance release updates and went end of software maintenance nearly 3 years ago: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/ios-nx-os-software/ios-xe-17/eos-eol-notice-c51-744388.html
There was only a 17.2.1a release shortly after the original 17.2.1 release, 29-May-2020.
Note that both 17.2 releases were DEFERRED not long after that, meaning that Cisco considers them to be UNSUPPORTABLE! https://www.cisco.com/web/software/DefTracker/282043052/DT/ac106940.html

So update your software, check your config with the config analyzer, read through the Best Practices guide and then troubleshoot any remaining issues after that.

ps.  Thinking about it I wonder if you meant 17.12.2 - in which case your software is ok but you still need to check your config with the config analyzer, read through the Best Practices guide and then troubleshoot any remaining issues after that.

@cjiwonder  Checkout my initial reply (too!)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

cjiwonder
Level 1
Level 1

Issue with assigning tags. Thank you all for your timely help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card