cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSID not broadcasting from 9800 WLC

scottbreslin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - We have an issue in that an SSID is not broadcasting from 9800 WLC.  The SSID is configured for local switching and has a Flex profile configured.   The WLC states the following error:

Chassis 2 R0/0 wncd CRITICAL <MAC> VLAN ID mapping for interface:wireless-mgmt configured under policy profile: POL_PROF_FLX_EMPLOYEE is not present in flex profile : <NAME> WLAN : employee cannot be pushed to AP.  Please add vlan-id mapping under flex-profile.

If I add the wireless-mgmt interface vlan to the flex profile then the SSID is pushed to AP.    

However, the question i have is that why is wireless-mgmt interface vlan needed on flex profile when this is local switching?  Should the configuration not be that the native vlan and data vlan that is to be used for local switching be added to the flex profile, the same as it is on the switch that the AP is connected to?

I don't understand why the wireless-mgmt inferface vlan needs to the configured within the flex profile.  Reading configuration guides, this is also not stated as being required.

Thanks 

Scott 

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Your perfect assistant will be the wireless config analyzer (for the 9800 WLC platform)  , issue the CLI command show tech wireless ; feed the output into :
                                    https://cway.cisco.com/wireless-config-analyzer/

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi Scott,

Did you configure those vlans (available in remote site for local switching) under Flex Profile ? something like below

RasikaNayanajith_0-1687297178274.png

Here is a blog post that I did when I tested FlexConnect with 9800, may give an idea what's missing in your setup
https://mrncciew.com/2023/01/21/9800-flexconnect-basics/ 

HTH
Rasika
*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Thank you i will review this and revisit customer config.

I also since setup similar configuration on my home lab (9800-C, Lan Switch and 2802 AP) and configuration works fine.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card