Views
Helpful
Replies

Suddenly AP1142 registration issue on WLC 5508

Heiko Kelling
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am running 1142 APs with a 5508 controller in an important WLAN environment. The APs are configured as FlexConnect, firmware is 8.0.152.0. The setup has been running for a long time. A few days ago there were reports that the WLAN was not working in certain areas. I then looked at the controller and found that only 30% of the APs are still registered. After checking the basics, I restarted the controller. Then suddenly no AP was registered on the controller. The controller only reported under Monitoring that the APs are no longer registered without a specific error message. Since the location is far away from me and no SSH was activated on the APs at that time, I could not see any logs there. I then informed myself on the Internet and tried various troubleshooting recommendations. Among other things, putting the APs on the list in the "Security" -> "AP Policies" menu and accepting all certificates. All without success. Then after many hours I found a tip to manually configure the time of the controller and reset it by 1 year. I did that and suddenly the APs started to register again. In retrospect, I tried to find out what the problem was, but I still haven't come to a solution. "show crypto pki certificates" also doesn't show me any certificates that would have expired at this point.
Does somebody still have an idea?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Heiko Kelling wrote:

Then after many hours I found a tip to manually configure the time of the controller and reset it by 1 year.

Please read FN - 63942 - Wireless Lightweight Access Points and WLAN Controllers Fail to Create CAPWAP/LWAPP Connections Due to Certificate Expiration

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Heiko Kelling wrote:

Then after many hours I found a tip to manually configure the time of the controller and reset it by 1 year.

Please read FN - 63942 - Wireless Lightweight Access Points and WLAN Controllers Fail to Create CAPWAP/LWAPP Connections Due to Certificate Expiration

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card