Views
Helpful
Replies

Suddenly AP1142 registration issue on WLC 5508

Heiko Kelling
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am running 1142 APs with a 5508 controller in an important WLAN environment. The APs are configured as FlexConnect, firmware is 8.0.152.0. The setup has been running for a long time. A few days ago there were reports that the WLAN was not working in certain areas. I then looked at the controller and found that only 30% of the APs are still registered. After checking the basics, I restarted the controller. Then suddenly no AP was registered on the controller. The controller only reported under Monitoring that the APs are no longer registered without a specific error message. Since the location is far away from me and no SSH was activated on the APs at that time, I could not see any logs there. I then informed myself on the Internet and tried various troubleshooting recommendations. Among other things, putting the APs on the list in the "Security" -> "AP Policies" menu and accepting all certificates. All without success. Then after many hours I found a tip to manually configure the time of the controller and reset it by 1 year. I did that and suddenly the APs started to register again. In retrospect, I tried to find out what the problem was, but I still haven't come to a solution. "show crypto pki certificates" also doesn't show me any certificates that would have expired at this point.
Does somebody still have an idea?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Heiko Kelling wrote:

Then after many hours I found a tip to manually configure the time of the controller and reset it by 1 year.

Please read FN - 63942 - Wireless Lightweight Access Points and WLAN Controllers Fail to Create CAPWAP/LWAPP Connections Due to Certificate Expiration

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Heiko Kelling wrote:

Then after many hours I found a tip to manually configure the time of the controller and reset it by 1 year.

Please read FN - 63942 - Wireless Lightweight Access Points and WLAN Controllers Fail to Create CAPWAP/LWAPP Connections Due to Certificate Expiration

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card