Views
Helpful
Replies

TPCv1 VS TPCv2

holzhirt1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear community,

I realized that I I was having TCPv2 enabled on one 5508 WLC for both a/g networks, after reading on the Cisco website it seems that it is better to let TCPv1 and enable TCPv2 only in special cases.

info : We don't use Voice in our infrastructure currently.

Quote :

Choose the Transmit Power Control version from the following options:

Interference Optimal Mode (TPCv2)—For scenarios where voice calls are extensively used. Transmit power is dynamically adjusted with the goal of minimum interference. It is suitable for dense networks. In this mode, there could be higher roaming delays and coverage hole incidents.

Note We recommend that you use TCPv2 only in cases where RF issues cannot be resolved by using TCPv1. Please evaluate and test the use of TPCv2 with the assistance of Cisco Services.

Coverage Optimal Mode (TPCv1)—(Default) Offers strong signal coverage and stability.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.2/configuration/guide/cg_rrm.html

Could you tell me if there's a need to use version 2 or if the best practice is to keep version 1 ?

Thanks for your returns,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Best practice is v1.... Don't use v2 even though its there. Most likely it will be supported in the future:)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Best practice is v1.... Don't use v2 even though its there. Most likely it will be supported in the future:)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Dear Scott,

Many thanks for your reply, this is clear

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card