cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

txPower setting of AP3802I in flexconnect mode.

grasshopp
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for the newbie question.

Can someone give me a line by line instructions to change the txPower level of the 5Ghz radio? Or is there an easy GUI that I can use?

I have tried to follow the Cisco wireless access point configuration guide, but none of the commands work as expected in the command line interface.

This is what I have tried but I can't even get past the first line:

Config Terminal

Interface dot11radio 1

show advanced 802.11a txPower

config 802.11a txPower global 5

show advanced 802.11a txPower

end

copy running-config startup-config.

Situation:

Only 5Ghz is allowed,

Minimum power necessary to connect in the room that it resides. (to limit power to other areas of the building)

We have only one unit and it is stand-alone hooked to the internet. (no controller)

Right now it is too hot and is above the threshold in another part of the building

Thank you.

11 Replies 11

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...This is what I have tried but I can't even get past the first line

What happens then, what error do you get (e.g.) ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

it says there are errors in the command

Here is a Putty log:

And this is what I get if I connect through the browser. I have found no place in it to adjust the txPower.

Capture.JPG

Hi, Is this AP joined to any controller?

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

no we don't have a controller it is in Flexconnect mode

- Then it still needs a controller to operate or else you need to run it in autonomous mode.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

We have two of these APs and the second one takes all the setting of the first one.  I thought that was what Flexconnect was for. would switching it to autonomous mode interfere with that?

>...these APs and the second one takes all the setting of the first one

- If the first AP is the controller (too) , then check if you can change the needed settings over there.

M.

That is the one I am on.  I actually turned off the second one thinking that it may be interfering with the first one.

- No , it will need to be online.

M.

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Guys,

This AP is running in Teleworker mode. So definitely this needs a WLC to manage it. If you want to control RF related settings then you may need to do that from WLC (you can only select the channel width, channel selection and enable ac, n in teleworker mode). If not consider converting this AP to Mobility Express (3800 series doesn't support autonomous)

If you are not using OEAP, disable it under the All AP>>Flexconnect>>Office extended AP

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card