Views
Helpful
Replies

Ubiquiti nano hd wireless router

moman62
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a ubiquiti nano hd wireless router which works great, and I would like to be able to configure it with my cisco 2921 router and cisco 3570 poe switch to use for my guest wifi and other wireless appliances.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to create the two VLAN on all devices, where you want to offer them. So router, switch and access-point.

And yes, yes yes. On the ubiquiti, you need to enable VLAN support (probably enabled by default), create two interfaces and tag the correct VLAN on each respective interface. On the switch you must then change to a trunk port.
Here the manual for the Ubiquiti: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/219654087-UniFi-Using-VLANs-with-UniFi-Wireless-Routing-Switching-Hardware

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Ok, have fun!
I assume that wasn't exactly the answer you are looking for?

Simplest way is to have two VLANs, two virtual interfaces on the 2921 which terminate those VLANs, an ACL on the guest WLAN/VLAN blocking the access to the other VLAN and correctly configured NAT.

ok to be sure,

I will create 2 vlans or 2 virtual interfaces on the router? or switch?

vlan 55 for appliances

vlan 60 for guest

Create an ACL on the router for the guest wlan & vlan blocking access to the appliances vlan?

Since my wireless is being powered via poe on my 3750 switch, does anything have to be configured on it?

does anything need to be corrected on the ubiquiti hd router?

You need to create the two VLAN on all devices, where you want to offer them. So router, switch and access-point.

And yes, yes yes. On the ubiquiti, you need to enable VLAN support (probably enabled by default), create two interfaces and tag the correct VLAN on each respective interface. On the switch you must then change to a trunk port.
Here the manual for the Ubiquiti: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/219654087-UniFi-Using-VLANs-with-UniFi-Wireless-Routing-Switching-Hardware

not working? I just want to know can I plug the ubiquiti into my switch, and then do I really need to create 2 vlans? I am only using a wireless ap not trunking with another appliance thru the switch. I have created 1 vlan on the switch and an acl on my cisco 2921 router to allow.

If you want to offer two SSIDs with different VLAN you require a trunk. If you want to only use one VLAN (one IP range), no trunk needed.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card