cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UK country code for 9136 AP and 9800 WLC

andrewcisco1
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone tried registering the newer APs (9136 in this case) to the 9800 WLC?  For the UK region the wireless compliant tool lists the UK as using "ROW" regulatoy domain AP.  But when selecting GB / UK in the 9800 WLC, it suggests you need "E" (Europe) regulatoy domain APs (see attached for screen shots of WLC and compliant tool).

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/wireless/wireless-compliance-tool/index.html

The ROW APs aren't broadcasting SSIDs, hence the question.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What's software version is the 9800 WLC running ; if I remember correctly -ROW needs at minimum 17.6.x

->The ROW APs aren't broadcasting SSIDs, hence the question.
     Have a checkup of the 9800 WLC configuration with the CLI command show tech wireless and feed the output into
                                                                                                                 Wireless Config Analyzer

- Also check the output of the CLI command : wireless config validate 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What's software version is the 9800 WLC running ; if I remember correctly -ROW needs at minimum 17.6.x

->The ROW APs aren't broadcasting SSIDs, hence the question.
     Have a checkup of the 9800 WLC configuration with the CLI command show tech wireless and feed the output into
                                                                                                                 Wireless Config Analyzer

- Also check the output of the CLI command : wireless config validate 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the AP command: 

sh dot11 wlan

Rich R
VIP
VIP

This link should answer all your questions about -ROW
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/217734-connect-and-join-a-row-domain-access-po.html

As @marce1000 says, up to date software version is essential for this to work correctly - refer to the TAC recommended link below.

It was the way the 9800 WLC shows the regulatory domain as "E" for UK/GB, whereas it actually seems to work with ROW.  This is the same with 17.9.4a and 17.13 (having tested both).  Logging a TAC is too much hassle to report a bug, but it is surely a bug.  Thanks for the reply.

andrewcisco1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, it did turn out to be a mismatched tag name, that config analyser is very useful.

Still think that country code to regulatory domain is a typo on Cisco's part.

"show ap tag summ" is also a useful command to use regularly <wink>

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card