cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to add secondary MSE on Prime. getting an error: unknown exception occurred. If the problem persists please send logs to the tech support

Binish
Level 1
Level 1

Unable to add secondary MSE on Prime Infrastructure. Getting below error

Error: unknown exception occurred. If the problem persists please send logs to the tech support

Cisco prime running on version :CPI 3.2

MSE on a Virtual Machine running on version: MSE 8.0.150.0 

Tried the below workaround but no luck

-- Restarted the PI and MSE to check if that works

-- Re-added the MSE on PI with removing the special character and using simple password while adding the MSE.

-- Binish

6 Replies 6

Binish
Level 1
Level 1

Here the secondary is actually up because i am able to login to Secondary MSE via CLI

When tried adding secondary MSE multiple times got couple other error message as below

"No response from Server.It may be unreachable, orserver is down or HTTPS connection to server failed"

"Unable to retrieve updated status/configuration from both Primary and secondary servers. Both servers seem to be down"

-- Binish

Hi

If they are in HA mode then you don't need to add the secondary MSE. In HA the secondary will remain inactive monitoring the primary, which is active.

The same way you don't need to do anything on the secondary Prime. 

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

If that is the case why do we have an option of adding standby when its on MSE is on HA 

-- Binish

Can you send a pic?  In my Prime I see only "Add Mobility Services Engine".  Wondering if in your case wouldn´t be add the secondary MSE to the HA  with Primary and not to Prime.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Attached

Dan Coats
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get this fixed? I have the same problem with PI 3.1.7

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card