cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to connect with cisco access point 1130ag

techguy
Level 4
Level 4

I have 4 cisco aironet 1130AG access point installed on one floor. I have configured 4 ssid pointing to four different vlans. I can connect to only one ssid at one point. Somtimes i can able to connect with any other ssid.

When i am very near to any access point then i can connect to any of the 4 ssid easily. I doubt that at some location where all four ap are at equal distance then i cant connect to all ssid except one ssid. Any clue ???

5 Replies 5

josuvarg
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds like interference problems. Remember that those devices are sesitive to interference,

If you have 4 APs on the same floor, please make sure that they are not using the same radio channel or "least congested channel". It is important to configure each AP with a different Channel, using the non overlapping ones (channels 1, 6 and 11) and make sure that adyacent APs won't use the same channel.

Also, if they are close, its important to take care of the power levels. Let's say that you sit near one AP with your laptop... We should not see the signal from other APs too strong (recommended is less than a 25%). If so, the clients will be confused and they may not be sure what AP to register.

About the SSIDs, also it is important to check the security method on each one and be sure that you have the same configuration on your clients.

dmantill
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Please upload the configuration from all the APs, and pleae send as some pictures in order to understand how APs are localted and how is the environment.

Regards

fbarboza
Level 4
Level 4

Remember as josuvarg mention Access points create interference with other Access Points.

So to avoid this when using the b/g (2.4GHZ)channel we need to distribute the 3 none overlapping channels between the units that are 1,6 and 11 leaving the units with the same channel the further apart so they do not create interference and also make sure that the overlapping of the cell between the APs is not more than 15% to avoid roaming issues.

how to change the channels settings and how to configure either from cli or do i need to change the channel setting from web interfaces.

Please find attached the configuration of Access Point. Thanks

Hi,

below are the config to assign the channel..

en

conf t

int dot11 0 or int dot11 1

channel ?

When you hit the ? then you wil get the option to enter the channel number..

From the GUI..

AP homw page >> Inteface configurations >> 802.11 G or 802.11A >> Settings >> In the middle of the screen you can set the channel.

lemme know if this answered ur question!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card