Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to use RADIUS for authenticating management users on WLC 8510

Attempting to use existing RADIUS server that authenticates wireless network users to also authenticate management users. Under Security--> AAA-->RADIUS-->Authentication we have the RADIUS server defined and the "Management" radio button checked. We know this RADIUS server is able to authenticate network users via AD. Get failure when try to web into the WLC GUI for management using our AD credentials. Only the local account on the WLC works. 8510 running 8.5.171.0.

Any thoughts on what wwe're missing?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It really comes down to your polices on your radius server.  You need to be able to distinguish radius 802.1x and radius for management users.  I don't know what radius server you are using, but here is an example.  Just search "cisco wlc management radius NPS"

Management Access for AireOS WLC through Microsoft NPS - Cisco

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It really comes down to your polices on your radius server.  You need to be able to distinguish radius 802.1x and radius for management users.  I don't know what radius server you are using, but here is an example.  Just search "cisco wlc management radius NPS"

Management Access for AireOS WLC through Microsoft NPS - Cisco

-Scott

Thanks Scott. Very helpful.

If you are using NPS, then there are a bunch of guides, blogs and videos on that.  My preference is to reference a few blogs and video to get a better understanding.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: