cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating Prime wireless maps

oaklandnt
Level 1
Level 1

The buildings have been remodeled and I would like to replace the maps with current drawings.  Do I have to delete the entire floor and recreate it?

5 Replies 5

Yes

HTH

Rasika

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes you have to delete and create new map.

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Last time I did that I needn't to delete the floor, I think I could simply update a newer floorplan for the floor. Simply open the floor, select on the top right menu Edit Floor Area and upload the new image. As long as the measurements of the whole floor hasn't changed, it should work fine.

Ryan Curry
Level 1
Level 1

What I typically do is update my building with additional floors.  I then add the new map to a new floor and get it set up in the map editor.  Then I remove the APs from the old floor (i.e. old map) and add them to the new.  Once this is done, I'll delete that "old" floor and then go into the "new" floor and edit the floor area, changing it the correct floor that it should be.

I do this so that I can still maintain location and troubleshooting availability until I'm ready to pull the trigger.  Also, the "additional" floors (the new layouts) allow me to go into planning mode and make potential adjustments to plan for.

Hope that helps, let me know if I need to clear any of this up.

warner
Level 1
Level 1

Answer: no, you can keep most of your work.

Assuming that your drawing will be the same size and scale factor, you can replace the image without deleting and adding all the APs. While on the floor, choose "Edit Floor Area" and then put in your new picture. Make no other changes and save. I always feed PNG files into CPI. So I could take the old PNG and edit it in mspaint so the size didn't change and then suck that into CPI. What I actually do has more steps because I keep drawings in autoCAD. I also force all floors to be the same size and scale factor even if building is like a wedding cake with smaller floors at higher levels.

This place does a never-ending series of small remodels -- like splitting a big room into smaller offices. I can update the floor plan without touching all the APs already installed on the floor. And sometimes the changes are as small as fixing a room number.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card