Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade AP1262N to LAP1262 autonomous to lightweight

gregorygout
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is one of our first site where we are implementing Cisco wireless, and we bought some external Autonomous AP1262, when we should have bought Lightweight LAP1262 . We can get those replaced, but I am looking into migrating them in order to get them to register with our 5508 controllers.

There do not seem to be a migration tool to download for 1262. Must it be done via the WCS ?

So far I have not managed to add these autonomous AP to the controllers.

Thanks to let me know if a migration toll exists for those !

Best Regards,

Gregory Gout

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use the archive command. You just need I download the rcv (recovery image) from CCO. Upgrade tool will not work and this is easy to do.

If you choose to overwrite the existing file, issue the archive download-sw /overwrite /reload tftp: //location/image-name command. The /overwrite option overwrites the software image in flash with the downloaded image. The /reload option reloads the system after you download the image unless the configuration is changed and not saved. For //location, specify the IP address of the TFTP server. For image name, specify the Cisco IOS filename that you plan to use to upgrade the access point. In this example, the command is archive download-sw /overwrite /reload tftp: //10.77.244.194/c1240-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JA3.tar. As mentioned earlier, do not change the name of the Cisco IOS file. Leave it as the default. You find these logs during the successful file transfer:

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use the archive command. You just need I download the rcv (recovery image) from CCO. Upgrade tool will not work and this is easy to do.

If you choose to overwrite the existing file, issue the archive download-sw /overwrite /reload tftp: //location/image-name command. The /overwrite option overwrites the software image in flash with the downloaded image. The /reload option reloads the system after you download the image unless the configuration is changed and not saved. For //location, specify the IP address of the TFTP server. For image name, specify the Cisco IOS filename that you plan to use to upgrade the access point. In this example, the command is archive download-sw /overwrite /reload tftp: //10.77.244.194/c1240-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JA3.tar. As mentioned earlier, do not change the name of the Cisco IOS file. Leave it as the default. You find these logs during the successful file transfer:

-Scott

Is there really IOS image for 1260? when you look for IOS sofrware for this AP on CCO you can find only k9w8 images!!

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Autonomous IOS version for the 1260, version 12.4(25d)JA, has been available since December 2010.

If you look at the prefix of the filename, it's the same prefix for the 3500.  So if you want to load autonomous IOS for the 3500, then the autonomous IOS for the 1260 can be loaded into the 3500.

Yup that was the trick to survey with the 3502's:)

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card