Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade or fresh install of Cisco 3355 Mobility Services Engine

Hi all,

I have an old Cisco 3355 MSE that I am trying to use with a new Prime Infrastructure 3.6 VM. I am unable to get the MSE added into Prime. It fails with the message that the NSC user/password is incorrect. I ahve run the setup script on the MSE and reset the username/password to default settings but it still isn't working. I think I am running into an open bug.

The 3355 is running an older version - 7.4.100.0 which has now been deferred. I would like to upgrade to the starred version - 8.0.150.0. 

What is the correct upgrade path for this device? Trawling the release notes gives me something like this:

Current Version - 7.4.100.0 (deferred)

Upgrade to - 7.6.120.0 (deferred)

Upgrade to - 8.0.120.0 (deferred)

Upgrade to - 8.0.140.9 (available to download)

Final Version 8.0.150.0 (available to download)

But I am unable to download the deferred software from the Cisco site.

Is there a way to either get this software, or perform a fresh install of the MSE?

2 Replies 2

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

MSE running versions below 10.x are not compatible with Prime 3.5.x and above.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html#53852

I also believe that MSE 8.x has been announced EOL

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Haydn,

Thank you for the reply. I managed to get the MSE upgraded to 8.0.100.0 and that version has allowed me to join it to the PI. Not sure if it's working yet as I haven't yet finished the mapping.

Given that the matrix suggests it is incompatible, would you suggest migrating to a VM based MSE? Do you know if I could upgrade my current license to cover the new version?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card