cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upload new image to flash

Bruno Dinis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone. I've got an Cisco Aironet 2602i with no image on it.

I've downloaded the latest lightweight image to this AP ap3g2-k9w8-tar.153-3.JA1.tar and I was trying to uploaded via comand prompt.

when I boot the ap it appears the following prompt

ap:

ap: set
192.168.100.1=
BOOT=flash:/ap3g2-k9w8-mx.152-4.JB6/ap3g2-k9w8-mx.152-4.JB6
DEFAULT_ROUTER=10.2.0.254
ENABLE_BREAK=yes
IOS_STATIC_CONTROLLER_IP_ADDR=10.2.0.68      
IP_ADDR=10.2.0.163
MANUAL_BOOT=no
NETMASK=255.255.0.0
NEW_IMAGE=yes
RELOAD_REASON=9
ROM_PERSISTENT_UTC=1422892308
TERMLINES=0
set=IP_ADDR 10.2.0.163

I don't know why it appears some extra lines (the first and the last one

I've got a PC with 10.2.0.160/16 and the AP with 10.2.0.163/16 but I can't even ping the AP. I'm using TFTPD32 to upload the image but I don't know what's missing to sucessfully upload the new image.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

There is a polling cycle and also you need to manually add the ap to the map.  You should see a list of AP's that are not added to the map on Prime.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Leo, I've read the article, and I've sucessfully uploaded a new version to the AP. 

Although the AIR - LAP2602 is sucessfully joined the controller 5508, doesn't appear automatically in PRIME. I've got 600 AP's in my two controllers, and this one is the only one that couldn't appear in Cisco PRIME.

Do you know how to solve this?

Cheers.

There is a polling cycle and also you need to manually add the ap to the map.  You should see a list of AP's that are not added to the map on Prime.

-Scott

-Scott

Oh yes, I know about the pooling cycle and when I'm configuring new APs, after 5 minutes they appear on PI but this one in particular is connected about 3 or 4 days and it didn't appear on PI.

What version of PI are you running?  Do you have other LAP-2602's or CAP-2602's showing up on PI?

-Scott 

-Scott

Cisco Prime Infrastructure version 2.1

and I've 2 extra 2602 running on my infrastructure.

How many APs is the CPI licensed for and how many APs are currently being "detected" by CPI?

the CPI is licenced for 1000 devices, both WLC1 and WLC2 are licenced for 500 AP each and I've got 250 AP per controller, so I guess isn't an licence issue.

Well it seems like the version is compatible and you do have enought licenses. Since you already have a few of the 2602's on the network and show my up in PI, then you have something wrong.  Have you opened a TAC case so they can look at the environment?  Might be the best way to get it fixed.  

The only thing I would do is move the ap to the other WLC and see if the AP shows up and move it back and see if it's still visible on PI. TAC will probably tell you to upgrade to PI 2.2, which isn't a bad idea to be honest.

-Scott

-Scott

We're are up to upgrade to PI 2.2 meanwhile. But if the AP didn't joint PI after the upgrade I'll open a TAC case, so they can troubleshoot what's wrong.

Thank you Scott and Leo.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card