Views
Helpful
Replies

User in some WLAN get IP DHCP Server different from int wlan

afre.j
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We have a problem with our wireless. All user in some wlan get IP DHCP Server different from the IP DHCP has assigned to the interfaces wlan via GUI. Let say the IP DHCP Server we assiggned is 172.20.200.125 in wlan but in the user when they connect to the wireless we see IP DHCP Server 192.0.2.1 (virtual IP) but no issue with operational. Any idea about this issue? and how we can solve this?

Thanks for help

afre.J

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you have enabled DHCP proxy mode in your WLC then the controller’s virtual IP address is  normally used as the source IP address of all DHCP transactions to the client. So if that's the case this is expected. While the proxy mode is ideal only for selected networks, it widely accepted that dhcp bridge mode is better compatible with most of the clients are easy on the network as well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Have a sanity check of the controller configuration with : https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessAnalyzer/

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you have enabled DHCP proxy mode in your WLC then the controller’s virtual IP address is  normally used as the source IP address of all DHCP transactions to the client. So if that's the case this is expected. While the proxy mode is ideal only for selected networks, it widely accepted that dhcp bridge mode is better compatible with most of the clients are easy on the network as well.

Hi Arshadsaf,

Yes you correct. I had search in cisco documentation and now DHCP Proxy is disable.

Thanks,

afre.j

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card