cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

user is disconnecting from wi-fi [access-point]

AshokJat
Level 1
Level 1

our user is disconnecting from wi-fi frequently, I am attaching debug logs also, kindly assist anyone here.

we r using cisco AIR-AP3802I-D-K9 access points and 5500 series WLC and user is using windows OS

Thanks in advance 

Ashok Chaudhary

17 Replies 17

Hi AshokJat 

i am having the same issues , can you please elaborate what you mean.you mean reimaged the laptop or used a different Operating system?

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

After working with Cisco BU and looking into multiple debugs, the engineer noticed that line WLC cannot find a valid PMKID to match the one provided by the client is related to this defect id CSCwd91054.

The BU guy was explaining and showing the error and it all points to Windows turning from using OKC to SKC for PMKID generation during a roaming event, so WLC stops re-association and Windows client get stuck for the next 3 minutes until Windows perform a new full authentication and a new PMKID is generated.

This is a shared issue between Cisco not supporting SKC anymore, and Windows which is weirdly turning from using OKC to SKC.
This is been patched from cisco to deauth a device whenever the AP in Flex mode receives an invalid PMKID.
But this also needs to be fixed from Microsoft side.

hi,

thanks this is very informative .

however how do we solve from Microsoft side/from end user side?

and from WLC , what can be done .the issues seem to be worsening now more especially that some clients are coming back to office since the have been working from home .since year 2020

the current work around is upgrading drivers , making sure laptops are up to date , pushing group policies as well BUT 2 weeks later we back to the same issue on the same laptop.these are windows machines

please help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card