Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using AP1200's to bridge between buildings

I am trying to help a client out of a small jam. They have a pair of 1200's that they were planning to use with external antennas to bridge the gap between two buildings.

It looks from the documentation that I can not do this. Just want a sanity check before telling the client the bad news and figuring out how to make them whole with the least amout of new gear.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rpettersen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !

There is good news, the new firmware 12.3-4-JA have

now support for workgroup bridge mode :

WGB Mode on 1200 Series Access Points

This feature allows 1200 series access points to support Work Group Bridge (WGB) functionality on either the 802.11b/g or 802.11a radio.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rpettersen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !

There is good news, the new firmware 12.3-4-JA have

now support for workgroup bridge mode :

WGB Mode on 1200 Series Access Points

This feature allows 1200 series access points to support Work Group Bridge (WGB) functionality on either the 802.11b/g or 802.11a radio.

Hi:

Where in the Cisco website can I get this new version. I tried and tried and couldn't find it. Please submit the link.

d.beaver
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, but doesn't WGB mode only support a limited number of clients? How big is the other side of your connection?

Hi !

I don't know how many mac addresses a 1200 would support, I guess that it support enough mac addresses and therefore it should not be a problem... I hope. :-)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card