Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Broadcasting via Cisco WLAN

Gehrig_W
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco WLAN experts,

this big university hospital would like to use a smart, mobile WLAN-camera solution to broadcast for example a concert from a lecture hall or a church service towards all patients WLAN devices or PCs mounted to their beds.

How would such a solution like from WLAN-theory and what camera equipment can You propose to use for this ?

I have heared of Apple Airplay Video prodcasting, but I'm not sure wether this is teh right thhing for this.

I guess it is also a matter of IP unicast-to-multicast conversion.

Thank You for any tipps or technical white papers on this matter.

Greetings

Wini

1 Reply 1

Claes Karlsson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Are the infrastructure scaled for this? Minimum 10G all the way to Access-layer? Maybe even MultiGig to end ports. It will probably produce some unnecessary overhead as well.

Are there any other critical networks that share the same infrastructure? Like patient monitoring stuff, maybe a heart monitor that need to send data over the same infrastructure that is sensitive to latency. There will always be discussions if this kind of network traffic (entertainment) really should share the same infrastructure as the critical network traffic for the hospital core business. 

I would look for a independent solution in this case. With it's own camera and infrastructure for this. In the Education vertical I would consider sharing the same infrastructure and deploy a multicast solution.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card