cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlan Config 1242ag/ vlan config HP 2848 Procurve switch

rghernandez
Level 1
Level 1

Our new phone system has been put in place as of yesterday, how ever someone forgot to mention that we will have wireless handsets...my main issue is that i can get the phones and the pc clients to connect.

The AP (1242ag configuration attached) is allowing only the native traffice through either if its on vlan 1 or 20.

Vlan 1 is Voice (I know this is a big no no though, The phone co that installed the phone system did not do their homework) and the data is on vlan 20, if i leave vlan 1 native the wireless handsets will connect, and my pc clients are associate with the access point but do not get an ip address only the default on. if i move the native over to vlan 20 the computers get associated and an ip address but the phones will not connect. I am not a cisco god but know my way around the cli interface, and with this issue i am getting better at it. any help would be great.

2 Replies 2

jwadleigh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

When you say that you make one VLAN or the other native, do you mean that you make the change on the switch or on the AP?

Try making neither VLAN native. Does this fix the problem?

Also, just to confirm: The port on the Procurve switch is configured as a trunk port, and both VLAN's are present on the trunk, correct?

Hope this helps!

I havent tried to modify the config to make either vlan non native. I will try.

As to the second question yes the switch is configured as a trunk. (hp 2848)

Vlans are easy...As long as you have all the same Vendor for equipment but we have HP, Cisco, SonicWall and Nortel

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card