cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS 7.0 Campus problem

Ronald Nutter
Level 1
Level 1

After installing the WCS upgrade to 7 to the wrong drive letter, I uninstalled it and reinstalled to the correct drive.  I then restored the database backup and all looked ok.  I noted that in the restore, I now had a System campus.  Thought I would set up a campus for each division of my company.  I started with Central and was able to add several offices.  I next tried to create North and got the following error - Following Error occured Update Maps\n\n'COMMON-1::Some unexpected internal error has occured. If the problem persists please report to the Tech Support.\'\n\n.

I tried creating another campus with a different name and got the same error.  I then moved all of the buildings back to the system campus and deleted the Central campus.  I now cant create any campus.

Anyone else seen this ?

10 Replies 10

Daniel Brisson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also getting this error.  I'm actually just trying to add a new building to an existing campus, so it's seemingly a much simpler situation.

Can anyone save me a call to TAC?

Thanks

I am also getting this error after updating to Ver 7.0.164.0

If i don't import an image i first get "FloorCreate->Exception downsizing Floor Image null" followed by the updating maps error

I just opened up a TAC case.  I'll report back what comes of it.

Thanks,

-dan

Just to let folks know, the problem turned out to be that I had SELinux set to "Permissive".  Once I set it to "Disabled", restored my 6.0.132 backup, I was able to add a building.  In working with TAC it turns out that this is a problem with the "System Campus" that is used in ver 7.0.164.  The piece of code in the Restore program that converts the old version to the new was apparently not allowed to run by SELinux.  Someone with more knowledge of SELinux would have to explain why setting it to Permissive actually resulted in code being blocked.

-dan

Hi ,

I have the same problème as you had mentioned .

Could you please confirm me what the solution that you have used to solve your issue.

I'll appreciate your help.

Best Regards

H.S

hi stephen ,

Hi ,

I have the same problème as you had mentioned .

Could you please confirm me what the solution that you have used to solve your issue.

I'll appreciate your help.

Best Regards

H.S

Hi H.S

I still have the problem.

I recently updated to the latest release, with out any change.

Daniel who had the same problem was running Linux. I am on Windows Server, what about you?

I think I may have to raise a TAC case.

Steve

Hello,

I just disabled SELinux, reinstalled/upgraded, and everything worked as

expected. I worked with TAC extensively but in each of their attempts,

they couldn't replicate, b/c they already had SELinux disabled. Google

will assist nicely with how to disable SELinux. One thing to note, I

had SELinux set for "Permissive" and it still caused this issue....it

HAS to be disabled.

-dan

Hi,

thank you for your return

We have tried to disable Slinux without succèss.

What do you mean about reinstalled/upgraded , do you mean réinstall a linux ??

Upgrade do you mean upgrade in last version ???

We are in version 7.0.164.3

Thank's a lot for your help.

Best regards

S.H

Ah, sorry for the confusion. I uninstalled the broken version of WCS,

which was also 7.0.164 for me. Then I disabled SELinux. Then I

reinstalled WCS 7.0.164. I then "restored" my WCS database using the

WCS Restore utility and everything was fine.

-dan

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card