Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS and WLC WLAN Config not fully in sync

chanseeyee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're facing the issue WCS and WLC WLAN Config is not fully in sync. WLC  showing server 1 is IP:10.160.22.151, Port:1812 but WCS server showing none even  after click on “Audit” button. Any idea how to resolve this issue? Is this causing any wireless problem? Attached is screen captured. Thanks for your help.

8 Replies 8

art-barrera
Level 1
Level 1

Have you first created the security server on WCS and then apply to controller.

Then apply your WCS WLAN template.

When you apply the WLAN template its going to check that what your asking for is available on the controller or fail. You should have been given a detailed error when applying the WLAN template.

//art

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

You mentioned "audit". Have you done a WCS audit so the WLC and WCS are in SYNC?

If you make a change on the WLC you will not see it in WCS UNLESS they are SYNC. You will see the term "mismatch".

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Yupp.. we already done the "audit" on WCS and found that WLC and WCS are not in SYNC..which is as attached in my previous screen captured.

WCS shows instead of "mismatch" it shows "identical" ?

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Its should show "mismatch"... Let me schedule with our client and check on it first..

art-barrera
Level 1
Level 1

Also make sure you are doing a template based audit and not just a basic.
//art

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just click the box in the controller that is mismatched and from the drop down menu choose refresh config from controller. Then when the window changes choose either retain or replace. I usually replace since I know my WLC has the correct info. Then hit apply and that should do it. I try not to use the audits that much anymore due to having to make sure the clients keeps up with the templates and all the changes.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Also what version is your WCS and the WLCs on. Best pratice and rule of thumb is to have WCS on the same rev or HIGHER than the WLC.

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card