WCS Deployment

csco11030279
Level 1
Level 1

Hi;

I am new in wireless,and  I have the following items for wcs :

Header 1Header 2Header 3
WCS-ENT-PLUS-K9  Family SKU for WCS Enterprise PLUS License Products 1
WCS-ENT-PLUS-10000  Cisco WCS Enterprise PLUS License for 10,000 APs, Win/Linux  1
CON-SAU-WENTP10K  SW APP SUPP + UPGR Cisco WCS Enterprise 1
CON-SAU-WENTK9  SW APP SUPP + UPGR Family SKU for WCS E  1

and more than 8000 AP

is it enough to intstall two WCS servers (Active Active) each one to controle 4000 AP ? in tow separet hardware servers ?!

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WCS-ENT-PLUS-K9

What APs are you trying to deploy?  If you purchase the 3500 eco-pack (a box of 10) then the WCS upgrade license to PLUS is FREE! 

WCS-ENT-PLUS-10000

Wow.  That's a HUUUUGE deployment.  4K APs?  What WLC/WiSM are you looking at?  At this size, I'd look at the WiSM-2.

Thanks for the reaply,,,  AIR-LAP1142-EK9,,,,, and  AIR-LAP1262N-EK9,,,, and  AIR-LAP1522AG-EK9,,,, AIR-LAP1524SB-E-K9

controllers 5508 -250,,,,,4 WiSM

I need to know how can I deply install and configure the WCS ?? dos it support two servers or one server ?? if two what  model  (active active,,,, active passive ) ??

Pls waiting your reply !!

We've done our WCS on active-standby.  We use Linux and ran it on a virtual machine.

You can install your WCS into two different machines just get the right license.

I wouldn't get the WiSM-1 if I were you.  WiSM-2 is better.

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Mahmoud,

Please mark the Question as Answered, if the provided information by Leo is correct and it helped. By doing that others can take benefit as well.

Thanks,

Vinay Sharma

Community Manager – Wireless

Thanks & Regards
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card