cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Software

stephen jeffrey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have purchased-Standard  and have received the Software licence claim certificate with the PAK number on it. I assumed the CD in the envelope would contain the software but all it has on it is documentation. I tried to download but my CCO login is guest only as we have no smartnet contracts and I have no access to downloads. I tried calling but they said I needed a support contract to access downloads. Is this really the only way I can get software I have purchased? Surely there is a way to do this. Help please.

Thank you 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you purchased it within 90 days you should be able to get that software. Sometimes you need to remind them of that, but they are usually good about it.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you haw your sales order number and just recently purchased it, you should be able to add that to your CCO account. You should be able I open a TAC case on that also if it's a new purchase.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Thanks for the pointers.

Tried adding the serial number for additional access  but just says

"For assistance in submitting your request related to the product Serial Number

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, please contact your Partner."

As for TAC the lady said I cannot download without a vaild support agreement

I've got the quote for Smartnet on this and its over £600. I cannot believe I can spend nearly £3k on software only not to be able to download it.

If you purchased it within 90 days you should be able to get that software. Sometimes you need to remind them of that, but they are usually good about it.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

finally after spending most of the day with Reseller saying Distributor needs a Smartnet before downloading and Cisco saying that I need to go to distributor. I mentioned the 90 days, as if by magic the Tech guy took the serial number of the software and logged a call as it was still under warranty. I am now downloading the software.

Scott thank you so much for your help.

No problem.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card