Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS: Template Order in Config Group

florian.pipper
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to deploy a larger wireless lan installation using a WCS 7.0 with current controller versions.

Further I created configuration templates for deployment using a Config-Group.

The problem of the deployment with Config-Groups are apparently the order in which I run the templates. Some templates require the radio network or an SSID to be disabled for the template execution.

So what are my options here, when I want to change something in my radio policy or some parameters in an active SSID. A manual "disable"?

The wcs config-guide 7.0 says the following:

"The order of the templates is important when  dealing with radio templates. For example, if the template list includes  radio templates that require the radio network to be disabled prior to  applying the radio parameters, the template to disable the radio network  must be added to the template first".

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/7.0/configuration/guide/7_0mobile.html

I think they meant "....to disable the radio network  must be added to the config-group first".

This works. I can choose, which template is added first.

But the problem is, after I save my selection of templates in the config-group the order is sorted and my order is lost.

Does someone have experience with that? What is the best way to deploy a config-group? Is it neccessary to disable all radios and WLANs manually prior to the execution of the config-group?

Kind Regards,

Florian

2 Replies 2

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Nice post!!

So as per the documentation..

"The order of the templates is important when   dealing with radio templates. For example, if the template list  includes  radio templates that require the radio network to be disabled  prior to  applying the radio parameters, the template to disable the  radio network  must be added to the template first".

This means.. we need to push the template first to disable the Radios and then use the Config-groups.. are we doing the same??

While doing the above are facing any issues with losing the config-group list?? Make sure we are pushing the template first and then the config-groups.

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are we following the same??

Place the radio disable templates first in the templtes list and then the radio configuration templates.

Lemme know if we are facing any issues..

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card