cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS to Prime NCS or Prime infrastructure?

jeen_wifi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am thinking of upgrading the WCS to Cisco Prime NCS in our environment, but i read NCS is replaced by Prime infrastructure. Now I am confused if I should go for the NCS or Infrastructure. Can someone please suggest the best option for a smaller environment with 200APs and 4-5 WLCs(5500, 4400 and 2100) and future proof for the next 5 years. I heard WCS is going to be obsolete soon but didnt find any official announcement except for legacy licenses?

Best Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Okay... Hope this helps. Cisco NCS 1.0 and 1.1 is still NCS whatever... 1.2 is Prime Infrastructure. Cisco NCS Prime can be found in the Wireless downloads in CCO only for 1.0 and 1.1. Prime Infrastructure 1.2 is located in the management download section. That's how it helps me to understand it.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is the EOL for the WCS

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5755/ps6301/ps6305/end_of_life_c51-556750.html

What I would do, is migrate to NCS 1.1, that way you can use the export.bat command and then load that to NCS and not have to rebuild.  Then upgrade to 1.2(Prime Infrastructure)

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

I read that EOL document. But isnt that only for 'Legacy Licences'?? I am using the WCS-PLUS-100 license, did Cisco stop selling those as well??

Hello Forumers,

I did some reading and now I am super confused.

Are Prime infrastructure 1.1 and NCS 1.1 one and the same??

I cant find the NCS 1.1 licensing guide but  there is prime infrastructure 1.1 licensing guide.

There is no prime infrastructure 1.1 software availabe to download but there is NCS 1.1 available to download.

Oh and the NCS 1.0 is going to be end-of-sale next month, but there is no news about EOL of the good old WCS(except for legacy licences)???

If WCS is not going to be EOL sooner than i might just stick with it as I dont see managing anything other than wireless and I can live with the latest WLC firmware it supports. Any thoughts??

Best Regards

Jeen

jeen_wifi
Level 1
Level 1

Moving discussion to the right group.. I would greatly appreciate if someone could throw some light on this topic.

Many Thanks

Okay... Hope this helps. Cisco NCS 1.0 and 1.1 is still NCS whatever... 1.2 is Prime Infrastructure. Cisco NCS Prime can be found in the Wireless downloads in CCO only for 1.0 and 1.1. Prime Infrastructure 1.2 is located in the management download section. That's how it helps me to understand it.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card