cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webauth Post Login Redirect on a WLC

TomSaundersSMG
Level 1
Level 1

Apologies up front if I am asking a stupid question or am misunderstanding something, in the context of this project I am a web developer and I know very little about networking.  I do not have access to the Cisco WLC myself, I'm just building the pages, wrapping them in a .tar and passing them to our networking guys.  

I need to update the webauth pages for our wireless network.  We have 5 different sites with 5 corresponding pages.  I am using the cisco provided "webauth_bundle-1.0.2" as a starting point.  In the readme.html it specifies that post login redirection is a setting (on the WLC I believe).  Whilst this works, the problem, as it has been explained to me, is that this setting can only be set to a single value for the entire network, whereas we need a different redirect for each site.  

Whilst I would love to say "sorry this can't be done", it has been done in the past.  The old pages we had, which involved sending data off to an old server that is being retired and thus we can no longer use, managed it but the developer who made them is long gone, and there is insufficient documentation.  From reading through the code I can see there is a hidden form input called "webRedirect" that is being populated with the URLs for the redirect.  I don't know if this is something the WLC is using to redirect or something else.

So my question is thus:  How do I set a URL in the webauth page that I want the user redirected to once they have been authorised in the webauth page itself, such that different sites (using different webauth pages) can be have different redirections?  

1 Reply 1

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I can't answer those questions, but I have a suggestion.

You could use a guest portal (instead of Webauth on the WLC) which detects the different clients based on their IP addresses and then offers a different portal. That way the L2 security on the WLC is "open" and everything will be done on the guest portal. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card